A leading and reputable Mid-level Investment Banking firm registered with Securities & Exchange Commission in Victoria Island, Lagos is urgently seeking employment into Associates and Analysts positions. Maximum of 2-page resume and cover letter should be forwarded to email@example.com on or before February 7, 2020.
• Bsc or equivalent in Accounting, Economics or other related discipline.
• Msc/MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics is an added advantage
• Professional Qualification: ICAN, CIS, ACCA, CFA etc.
• Years of experience: at least 4 to 8 years in core Corporate Finance, Project Finance & Financial Advisory.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ASSOCIATE/ ANALYST:
1. Deal Origination:
- Scanning of the business environment for relevant opportunities.
- Present the perceived opportunities to Management for directions and advise.
- Prepare pitch books, proposals, investment teasers, information memorandum and other marketing documents with the aim of winning mandates.
2. Market/Transaction Analysis & Research:
- Identifying opportunities in the market.
- Reviewing client documentation to make a business case for the transaction. This involves analysis to support the proposed funding structure, risk analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Financial modelling (e.g. cash flow/financing models)
- Appropriate company valuation models and analysis.
3. Client Relationship Management & Follow up:
- Preparing for calls and meetings with clients.
- Carrying out pre-assessments on prospective transactions to facilitate the in-house decision-making process as well as EXCO inputs on transaction execution.
- Ensure that a high degree of cordial and professional relationship exists within team members, customers and other division within the Company.
- Constant follow up with all parties to ensure proper coordination and flow of the transaction.
- Maintenance of all IB transaction files.
- Preparing proposals and making presentations to prospective clients.
- Preparing information memorandum, prospectus and offer documents for filing with regulators.
- EOI, RFPs, Investment Teasers & Call Memo.
- Deal/Pitch Books.
5. Budget Management:
- Assist in the preparation of Unit’s budget in a timely manner.
- Jointly Ensure targets are met, monitor the targets and incomes.
- Budget analysis and management.
- Ensure timely response to regulatory letters.
- Maintain excellent rapport with regulators.
- Get feedback and prepare report on regulatory meetings.
- Prepare reports on amendment/update to regulatory provisions.