Verified Job Vacancies for the position of Grants Officer at Creative Associates International (Mentorslinks Job Updates)
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
Location: Abuja Nigeria.
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Project (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach. By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The project comprises of three main components:
• Design and administration of a Co-Investment fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
• Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives;
• Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to increase the access of working capital with financial actors, prevent job loss, and respond to supply shortages by scaling up local response.
• Through this Co-Investment fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population. The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
• The Grants Officer will support the Grants Manager with the oversight of all grant’s activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
• The Grants Officer will report to the Grants Manager.
• Review sub-grantees’ liquidation and financial reports and provide summaries to the project’s Grants Manager on a monthly basis;
• Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the project’s Grants Manual;
• Monitor grantee to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Grants Manual and the content of sub-agreement;
• Responsible for entering and maintaining Trade Hub online System for the Management of Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART) for sub-grantees;
• Support the Grants Manager in enforcing and maintaining policies for grant processes
• Provide mentoring support to strengthen and improve sub-grantees’ management capacity for improved performance;
• Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring they stay up to date;
• Support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits.
• Ensure that grantees submit reports within the agreed time schedule; and
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• High School Diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is preferred;
• Ability to analyze data and suggest areas of improvement
• Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills;
• Have a good computer literacy;
• Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred; and
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.Proficiency in written English
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and four years of general experience.
• Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: Recruit@westafricatih.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
• Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Application Deadline 16th September, 2020.