5G AND WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT.
A brief description:5G is the fifth generation of wireless communications technologies supporting cellular data networks. 5G communication requires the use of communications devices designed to support the technology.
Although there is a little controversy of the true inventor of this infamous technology but popular opinion suggests it traces to China. It has so far being deployed to about 20+ countries. 5G like its predecessors(2G, 3G, 4G) uses a preset frequency. The frequency spectrum of 5G is divided into millimeter waves, mid-band, and low-band. Low-band uses a similar frequency range as the predecessor, 4G. 5G millimeter wave is the fastest, with actual speeds often being 1–2 Gbit/s down. Frequencies are above 24 GHz, reaching up to 72 GHz, which is above the extremely high-frequency band’s lower boundary. The reach is short, so more cells are required. Millimeter waves have difficulty traversing many walls and windows, so indoor coverage is limited.
5G mid-band is the most widely deployed, in over 30 networks. Speeds in a 100 MHz wide band are usually 100–400 Mbit/s down. In the lab and occasionally in the field, speeds can go over a gigabit per second. Frequencies deployed are from 2.4 GHz to 4.2 GHz. Sprint and China Mobile are using 2.5 GHz, while others are mostly between 3.3 and 4.2 GHz. Many areas can be covered simply by upgrading existing towers, which lowers the cost. Mid-band networks have better reach, bringing the cost close to the cost of 4G. 5G low-band offers similar capacity to advanced 4G.
- Now that the basis have been established let’s talk a little about its importance (Benefits provided by 5G):
It is a fact that our mobile devices, tablets, laptops, satellites only function as a result of cellular network.
5G wireless technology is meant to deliver higher multi-Gbps peak data speeds, ultra low latency, more reliability, massive network capacity, increased availability, and a more uniform user experience to more users. Higher performance and improved efficiency empower new user experiences and connects new industries.
- Other benefits includes: Improving accessibility: Improvements in 5G technology can help make life better. For example, significant advances in autonomous vehicle technology are possible with 5G, creating the potential for people to have new levels of personal and professional freedom. Connected appliances can help automate tasks around the house, which can not only improve personal convenience but also help those who need assistance with everyday tasks.
- Extending the reach of mobile broadband: 5G can power technology well beyond what current mobile technology permits. Thanks to its speed and bandwidth, 5G promises to make significant improvements in 3D holograms, virtual reality and augmented reality, creating opportunities to connect people far beyond what current cellular technology allows.
- Improving safety, health and security:Access to 5G technology promises to improve mission-critical services that affect safety and security of services today. Opportunities include smart cities with 5G in public spaces, the potential for remote surgery, better traffic control and many other applications that depend on nearly instantaneous response time.
Negative impact of 5G:
- With great risk comes great consequences and 5G isn’t an exception. There have being reported effects of 5G from different organizations.
- According to a publication made by Scientific American. “Numerous recent scientific publications have shown that EMF affects living organisms at levels well below most international and national guidelines.
- Effects include increased cancer risk, cellular stress, increase in harmful free radicals, genetic damages, structural and functional changes of the reproductive system, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders, and negative impacts on general well-being in humans. Damage goes well beyond the human race, as there is growing evidence of harmful effects to both plant and animal life.”
- These health risks are not to be overlooked although the network is still being worked on.
5G causative agent of COVID-19?
- There have being conspiracy theories which suggests that this new cellular network causes the current pandemic covid-19…. Although their negative e effects are quite similar but 5G treats are completely not link to the pandemic.