Job Openings: Safety Officer at Ascentech Services Limited – a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
They are currently recruiting to fill the position of Safety Officer in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Creating, enacting, and updating job safety programmes for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace.
- Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job.
- Oversee the security department.
- Ensure Maximum safety of work machines.
JOB Duties for Safety Officer:
- Auditing production, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations.
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations.
- Finding the best way to prevent future accidents.
- Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training.
- Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions.
- Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques.
- Determining whether the finished product is safe for customers.
- Creating safety plans that include suggest improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes.
- Inspecting production and manufacturing equipment and processes to make sure they are safe.
- Ordering repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment.
- Sharing information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company.
- Meeting company health and safety goals.
- Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site.
- Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident.
Requirements for Safety Officer JOB Openings:
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Must have worked in a manufacturing industry.
- 4-5 years minimum experience as a safety officer.
- Health, Safety, Regulations and Training.
- Risk Assessment ability.
How to Apply:
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.