Nigeria Community Police Registration form will soon be opened to all eligible citizens in the country, as candidates will be picked from all 36 states.
The recruitment of community police officers will be done in partnership with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF). However, shortlisted candidates who excel at all levels of screening will further be trained as special constables.
These voluntary community police officers will be supervised and controlled under the inspection of the Nigeria Police Officers as mentioned earlier. Some of the roles Community Policing Officers will play is to provide local/direct intel on security threat within remote communities and reporting back to Nigeria Police Force for counter intelligence.
Basically, Community Police recruit will serve as volunteers, some of them which will also be absorbed from the Npower programme.
How to Obtain Community Police Registration Form:
The Community Police recruitment registration form can be filled and submitted online on the NPF portal. Once the portal is open for applications, forms can then be filled and submitted online on the Nigeria Police portal.
Eligibility for Community Police Job Vacancies:
1. Letter of engagement from N-Power, that is for NPower beneficiaries/ volunteers.
2. SSCE/GCE result/certificate with credit in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings.
3. NYSC Discharge Letter or Exemption Letter.
4. First School Living Certificate (FLSC).
5. Certificate of Origin.
6. Valid means of identity e.g; National ID card or Voters Card (PVC).
7. Birth certificate obtains only from the NPOPC (National Population Commission) or, a valid age declaration.
- NOTE: The recruitment exercise, deployment and shortlisting will be done based on the residential area and local government locations of candidates since local intelligence will be used in evaluating and sourcing security issues. To simplify this is to say that enrollment and general shortlisting will be community based.
Nigeria Community Police Registration form is open to all eligible citizens in the country, as candidates will be picked from all 36 states.
The recruitment of community police officers will be done in partnership with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF).
However, shortlisted candidates who will excel at all levels of screening will further be trained as special constables.