Legal Officer Job Openings – Nigeria…
He / she will be expected to:
• Advising the business on their legal and corporate governance responsibilities.
• Ensuring compliance to corporate governance and other legal matters.
• Interpretation and analysis of laws and regulations relating to companies.
• Negotiating contract arrangement between the company and third parties.
• Review of third-party contracts where the company has committed itself.
• Drafting legal documents for the company.
• Conducting searches, due diligence and filing of all necessary documents with the corporate affairs commission within the stipulated timeline.
To manage the company’s owned properties as follows:
• Drafting and lease agreements.
• To ensure that all tenants pay their rent as at when due.
• To serve all the required statutory notices to quit on erring or defaulting tenants
• Supervise construction or remodeling
• Maintaining all statutory books of the company.
• Ensuring compliance with all documentation required by regulatory bodies and corporate organizations for specific transactions as may be referred to him/her.
• Preparation of legal opinions on legal issues pertaining to internal and external activities of the company. This includes providing legal support for the company when necessary.
• Dispatching internal memo’s to the appropriate department.
• Liaise with the company’s external solicitors on Litigation.
• Make representation for the company in arbitration and court proceedings and any other dispute resolution proceedings when the occasion arises.
• Maintain a current knowledge corporate governance requirements, trends and key matters of interest for Boards.
• Process immigration related matters for the company
• Be the custodian the company’s policy and procedure; amend as required from time to time.
Desired Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirement
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Strong knowledge of applicable laws
• Analytical skill
• Must be called to the Nigerian Bar.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted and contacted.