Job openings for the position of Junior Safety Officer Logistics.
Key Functions of the Role;
• Assist the Safety officer in charge in the development of safety policies and programs
• Monitor and ensure compliance to all safety policies
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
• Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
• Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
• Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
• Assist in carrying out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
• Assist in carrying in-house training about health and safety issues and risks
• Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
• Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
Any other duties as may be assigned
• BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
• Certificate in health and safety
• Min of 4 years of experience working as a Health and Safety officer
• Experience in the transport/logistics industry is a must.
• Proven experience as safety officer and working with drivers
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diligent with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
• Must be agile.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.