Job Title: Internal Control/Audit Officer
Department: Audit and Control Unit.
Reports to: Senior, ICU/Audit
The ICU/Audit officer will report to and support the Senior, ICU/Audit in providing an independent evaluation of the activities of the Company and its related subsidiaries, while ensuring strict compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
· Assist in the development, maintenance, implementation and review of the internal audit and control programs and enforce staff adherence to relevant policies.
· Monitor the document management process across the company and maintain back up (physical and electronic) of all internal audit materials for easy retrieval and reference.
· Conduct monthly review of bank reconciliation statements for all existing bank accounts & monthly call over/review of transactions focusing on appropriate posting of transactions.
· Working with team, develop viable preventive strategies for continuous risk mitigation.
· Document and file paper works and audit procedures performed. Track timely and effective corrective actions taken following audit recommendations.
· Work with the Senior ICU to Improve on the company’s accounting system & access control.
· Have firsthand activity Information of the Factory and act accordingly.
· Investigate and report all alleged cases of fraud, waste, abuse and inefficiencies and make recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions.
· Effect monthly and quarterly stock counts for branches and outlets & follow through to ensure that balances are reconciled to general ledger; conduct physical checks on property and equipment.
· Implement the internal audit strategic initiatives relating to key responsibilities.
· Carry out other responsibilities as required by the Senior, ICU/ Audit and Management.
Good verbal and written communication skills, proficient in Excel, Analytical & Critical thinking skills, Quality focus, Honesty& Reliability, Collaboration & Objectivity, Passion & Commitment, Innovation & Attention to Detail.
· Minimum of first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, mathematics or a related numerate discipline.
· At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in the Audit & Internal Control function, preferably, in Trade or manufacturing company.
· Relevant professional certification e.g. Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA), as added advantage.
Method of Application;
- Eligible candidates, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if qualified and interested. Deadline; 1st Oct 2020.