A Skill is the ability to carry out a task with determined results often within a given amount of time, energy, or both. It can often be divided into domain-general and domain-specific skills.
A skill I would love to acquire is Knitting – it is the method by which yarn is manipulated to create a textile or fabric;it is used in many types of garments. Knitting may be done by hand or by machine. The main thing you should know about knitting is that its great fun. It might seem a bit tricky at first but like most things the more you do it the easier it gets and after a while you can do it without thinking. Its extremely satisfying to be able to make your our bags, necklace, scarfs and even dresses and even more satisfying to be able to make things for other people and give them as gifts or even sell to people around you.
Everything I knit has a little tiny part of me in it and when i give it as a gift its like giving a little part of myself. It allows me to express my creative side and give pragmatic gifts.
HOW TO ACQUIRE THIS SKILL:
- You can absolutely teach yourself to knit! I did. YouTube taught me, to be honest. This response is my story, not necessary instructions on how to learn to knit. I once tried to learn from a friend who came back from Lagos, but neither she nor I had the patience. Months later I tried to learn from books and magazines, but it was like trying to learn something new and doing it in a foreign language.
- I just couldn’t understand the abbreviations, codes, pattern diagrams, and still photographs or sketches of hands. And then I found this YouTube tutorial by Wool and the Gangs for beginners on how to make a scarf, dresses and others, I just had to download the videos.
WHY I WOULD LOVE TO ACQUIRE THE SKILL:
- Knitting stimulates the logical part of our brains and maintain us young and active. While we are knitting we are giving ourselves a mental workout calculating how much yarn we need or the number of stitches and rows we need.
- Knitting encourages our creativity. It develops our artistic side and allows us to unleash our imaginations.
- No item of clothing is made with more love than something you have knitted by yourself! Its a greater Satisfaction.
“Self-development and self motivation are no longer an option, they are imperative for you; you can’t escape it.