Job Openings in a growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa that specialize in raising standards through its synergy of diverse business units is currently recruiting to fill the position of GM FINCO.
Reports to: GCEO
Directly supervises: Audit Manager, Treasury Manager and Corporate Finance Manager
Position Summary for GM FINCO Job Opportunity:
- We are looking to appoint a General Manager Finance and Control that will report to the CEO.
- The GM Finco will lead and direct the development and execution of a financial management plan, establish and implement compliance processes and procedures, anticipate and control financial risks in line with business goals and objectives.
- Given the early-stage of the company’s operations, the GM Finco will play a key role in fund raising across a broad range of investors (DFIs, financial sponsors, etc), establish and track the appropriate KPIs for the business and prioritize the right areas of investment to help the company scale up efficiently.
- The key challenges will be managing various stakeholders, formulating innovative strategies to keep up with the dynamic industry.
- Main External Contacts.
- External stakeholders including banks, other capital providers and external auditors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of GM FINCO:
- Monitor the capital requirements of the organization; review the long-and short-term financial objectives and provide guidance to Management on the financial policies of the Company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions and investors as may be required, to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms of long-term funding and working capital lines; structure the most effective financing options/solutions and models for the business.
- Develop and monitor control systems including an ERP system implementation for the consolidation of the external and internal accounting systems.
- Act as main advisor and strategist providing needed support to the CEO, other executive management and the Board with respect to the identification of financial and operational risk, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Provide financial, administrative and operating information (and such other information from time to time as may be required) by the Board.
- Review operating results of the Company, compare with set objectives, identify root causes of weak performance and ensures appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Direct and coordinate the funding for new and existing projects and operations towards increasing productivity, optimizing the use of capital and maximizing returns.
- Consolidate and supervise the company’s procedures including the procurement process, salary payments, expense policy, etc.
- Establish and maintain an effective financial management framework covering treasury, tax planning, financial control and management information systems (MIS) processes that support the company’s mission and business objectives.
- Assume overall responsibility for the company’s budgeting (capex, SG&A) process – work with CEO and Financial Controller to prepare budget, report results, analyze variance and initiate corrective actions to ensure alignment with company’s corporate strategy.
- Identify key value drivers for the business, design and monitor operational and financial KPIs to enhance strategic decision making.
- Drive postings into the ERP using source documents (Vouchers, PO, Invoices, receipts and capture Inventory properly and to ensure no open transaction after the day’s transactions.
- Ensure all departments adhere to project PO and budget is properly/correctly loaded on- line- real time with matching expenses and that no extra budgetary spending. Any expenditure above the budget should be promptly reported as an exception.
- To ensure audit team carry out periodic stock count across all locations and reconcile same with the process owners or warehouse managers and to report any exception or irregularities to the management within the shortest time possible say 24 hours. With attention to obsolete and expired/nearly expired inventory.
- Bring to the attention of management any fraudulent act, misappropriation and irregularity brought to his attention in the discharge of their duty.
- Perform substantive, compliance and walk-through test on all transaction from time to time.
- Manage the overall balance sheet position of the company in terms of assets, debt and shareholders’ funds and ensure balance sheet meets the growth requirement of the business as well as any covenants with funding partners.
- Evaluate the company valuation on a periodic basis.
- Manage the performance, career development, welfare and motivation of employees directly within his functional area of responsibility.
- Work with external auditors to address audit queries and achieve progressive compliance with acceptable reporting standards and best-in-class internal control systems.
- Assist the CEO and Board with competitive positioning by studying industry and economic trends, risks, and define initiatives to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be delegated by the CEO from time to time.
Academic and Professional Qualifications to Apply for GM FINCO Job:
- Appropriate Business degree in Finance and/or Accounting; Master’s in Business Administration is highly desirable.
- ACCA,CFA is highly desirable.
- 7+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the FMCG.
- Highly numerate, with excellent quantitative, analytical and business awareness skills.
- An entrepreneurial and hands-on manager with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven organization.
- High level of integrity and results orientated.
Knowledge and Experience for GM FINCO Job Offer:
- A proven track record with transformation and innovation to drive strategic growth.
- A very high level of commercial awareness of the workings of the power industry in Nigeria
- Strong network of high-profile relationships with Nigerian and international financial institutions
- Experience with business start-up in Nigeria desirable
- Experience with Export Funding (UKEF/EIB) and cross border leasing advantageous
Other Key Attributes:
- A proven record of success in senior-level management
- Ability to adapt on a personal level, and influence team to cope with change and change management
- Operating experience in multi jurisdictions in Africa would be advantageous
- Team player that can deal effectively with all types of personalities
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills – can communicate and relate effectively with the board, customers and employees in English
- Flexibility, discipline, maturity and organizational skill.
Method of Application:
- All Interested and Qualified Candidate should kindly forward their CV to: email@example.com