Vacanies for the position of Director of Works in Federal University of Technology, Owerri – The Director of Works is the Chief Technical Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day management and maintenance of buddings, equipment and other estates and the provision of utilities for the smooth running of the University.
Requirements Qualification and Experience:
- The Candidate must have a good honors degree in the following; Engineering, Building, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or similar professions from a recognized University; plus membership of relevant professional bodies.
- The Candidate must have at least fifteen 15 years post qualification service experience in a University or equivalent institution, and should not be below the rank of Deputy Director.
- In an exceptional case, a candidate on the substantive rank of Chief Engineer or equivalent position, with vast experience including as Acting Director may be considered.
- Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage.
- The Candidate for the position of Director of Works must exhibit a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity for the control and supervision of all functions and activities of the Department of Estate and Works.
- The Candidate must not be more than fifty-nine 59 years of age at the time of appointment and must be of sound health to be able to endure the rigours of the duty of Director of Works in a fast University of Technology.\
Salary and Conditions of Service:
- The appointment is for a period of five 5 year effective from the date of assumption of duty and may be extended by one year subject to good performance.
- The salary is as applicable to similar positions in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Names in full (Surname first, in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Telephone Number(s) & Email Address
- Nationality/State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number & Ages of Children (if any)
- Secondary and Post Secondary Education (including dates & Institutions)
- Academic & Professional Qualifications (including distinctions with dates)
- Present Employment indicating present status and salary
- Statement of previous experience.
- Publications (if applicable) including authorship stating contributions (evidence to support contributions should be produced where possible).
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
In addition to stating the names and addresses of Referees, applicants should request each of their nominated Referees to send a Confidential Report on them to the “Registrar” via the address below and “Confidential Report” clearly marked on the envelope which must be sealed.
All Applications and other correspondences should be forwarded in sealed envelopes directly to the “Registrar” via the address below and the “Post of University Librarian, FUTO” clearly marked on the envelope:
Federal University of Technology,
P.M.B. 1526, Owerri,
Note: Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.