Good morning everyone. Schools have been asked to close in Nigeria. I expect by the first week of April, our government will ask non-essential businesses to close.
Ladies and gentlemen, we are witnessing the beginning of a different type of warfare. If you are not frightened of what is happening, you are living in a cage.
This war would be fought by our doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals, and it would be a good policy if the government begins to pre-pay their salaries. We need these “soldiers” to be ready for this battle.
More, every African nation must declare an emergency on Covid-19 because this is World War III. Fellow Citizens, we are at war; coronavirus has attacked our peace and we must fight back with the fierce urgency of now.
One of the steps to fight back and secure a win is by knowing the precautionary measures to tackle this Coronavirus pandemic; and they’re…
- ✍️:Do Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- ✍️: Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- ✍️: Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
- ✍️: Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell.
- ✍️: Don’t Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Remember, there’s currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19): don’t be deceived by what you on social media.
SYMPTOMS of Coronavirus:
- People may be sick with the virus for 1 to 14 days before developing symptoms. The most common symptoms of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment.
- More rarely, the disease can be serious and even fatal. Older people, and people with other medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease), may be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill.
People may experience:
- Difficulty breathing (severe cases).
If you contract this Virus, here’s what to do:
Engage in Self care:
If you have mild symptoms, stay at home until you’ve recovered. You can relieve your symptoms if you:
- Rest and sleep.
- Keep warm.
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Use a room humidifier or take a hot shower to help ease a sore throat and cough.
Medical Treatment for Coronavirus:
- If you develop a fever, cough, and have difficulty breathing, promptly seek medical care. Call in advance and tell your health provider of any recent travel or recent contact with travelers.