The #CoreDAO has released Guidelines for #CORE Airdrop distribution on the Satoshi App, hinting that 25% of the number of CORE tokens to be airdropped will be made available to users at the genesis of the airdrop with the remaining 75% set to be unlocked monthly over a two year period.
Per the initial distribution of CORE tokens, users of the Core network will receive 525,600,000 CORE through the airdrop, which constitutes 25.029% of the total (hard capped) CORE token supply.
The recipients of the airdrop are qualified users of Satoshi App who have mined in-app rewards (formerly known as BTCs). These qualified Satoshi App users will receive CORE as one of the benefits for their in-app mining performance.
As explained in Mainnet is Live, 25% of the number of CORE tokens to be airdropped will be made available to users at the genesis of the airdrop with the remaining 75% set to be unlocked monthly over a two year period. The two year period begins when the first 25% of tokens are airdropped/unlocked. Supporting network functions such as sending, receiving, or interacting with smart contracts for activities like staking will not be available with locked CORE tokens.
To align contributor and user interests, the contributors’ tokens will also vest. The contributors’ tokens will vest over a 4 year period (monthly with a 1 yr lockup). Also, note that early validator + staking rewards earned by the DAO are to be burned at a later date.
The airdrop will be executed by decentralized smart contracts that are enforced by code alone. In designing and auditing these smart contracts, the priority is user safety via decentralization and comprehensive security checks. Therefore, auditing the security of the code warrants an uncompromising level of careful consideration by many of the most esteemed folks in the blockchain world. In prioritizing security and decentralization over speed, the airdrop may take up to 60 days to begin.
Users of Satoshi App who qualify for the airdrop will receive instructional information inside the app. In order to receive the airdropped CORE, they will bind their public key address to their Satoshi App account. When user data is written into the airdrop smart contract, a small amount of CORE will be sent to users for covering gas fees in subsequent claims. More details will be provided in Satoshi App. Kindly join our Telegram Group, and Announcement Channel for updates about the Airdrop Distribution, Delegating (Staking) of CORE, DEX Swapping, Listing and Trading on Exchanges