The Workplace Centre Limited is a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to clients and society. They’re currently recruiting to fill the vacant position of Outbound Logistics Officer in Rivers State and Lagos State.
- Responsible for confirming ad processing customer’s order, outbound shipment and timely delivery.
- Effectively handles returns, diversions and short deliveries of products.
- Plans and schedules delivery / loading program as well as spot hire trucks, manage haulage fleet, inspect and calibrate third party fleet.
- Processes union dues for petroleum tank drivers in line with regulations.
- Responsible for souring for vendors, documentation, forecasting, making requisition, acceptance and evaluating good & services.
- Manage daily operations of Logistics with a concentration on domestic outbound.
- Manage logistics and carrier performance coordinators. o Eterna owned and Third-party assets.
- Maintain working relationships with outbound domestic carriers.
- Review and respond to internal and external service performance and interact with carriers regarding issues.
- Participate in 3rd party Logistics management processes, such as selection, qualification and performance evaluation.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
- Manage, motivate, train, develop and appraise Logistics team to meet total customer service and logistics objectives.
- Liaise with all service customers and supporting departments with inputs to Outbound Logistics service delivery.
- Support logistics staff in other locations.
- Supervise staff as required.
- Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning & continuous reviews.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Candidate MUST resides in Port Harcourt and Lagos.
- 3-5 years professional experience.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Inventory Management
- Warehousing Management
- Distribution channel and supply chain
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the industry
- Safety Knowledge.
- Team Building & Collaboration
- Good Oral & Written Communication
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making.
Application Closing Date
- 4th March, 2020.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title and Preferred Location” as the subject of the email.