An Oil and gas servicing company solicits application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the role of ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER.
JOB OBJECTIVE/ PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer provides support to the maintenance department in equipment and systems testing, specification, troubleshooting, and maintenance. This role will support all capital projects, outages and turnover activities involving instrumentation systems throughout the facility.
JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Researches, develops, designs, and tests instrumentation and controls components, equipment, systems, and networks.
– Oversee the instrumentation department to generate instrument list, update P & ID’s, and create loop diagrams, PLC drawings, and instrumentation specifications.
– Plan, design, and write specifications for process controls and instrumentation.
– Create estimates and cost studies for potential projects.
– Conduct reviews to ensure compliance with recognized industry codes and standards.
– Researches materials and concepts to advise and support technical issues influencing instrument design concept development.
– Inspects fieldwork to ensure conformance with plans and specifications; maintains proper and safe working environment.
– Identifies and recommends changes in existing instrumentation and controls and suggests changes in plans to meet operational or department requirements and regulations.
– Assist project engineering in developing project scopes.
– Support capital projects by collaborating with other departments and specifying, accepting and participating in pre-start up safety reviews on installed equipment.
– Study performance and reliability of existing equipment and establish programs and solutions for decreasing equipment downtime.
– Eliminate/reduce equipment defects and improve yields.
– Troubleshoot instrumentation and controls system, determine root cause and take corrective action to resolve system failures
– Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION/ EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, instrumentation or Mechanical Engineering
– At least 7 years of Engineering experience with instrumentation and controls.
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS:
– Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering principles, practices and methods of principles, practices, and methods used in the operation, maintenance, and construction of instrumentation and controls systems.
– Five (5) years of relevant Strong technical, quantitative analysis and process orientation skills
– Working knowledge of root cause analysis concepts
– Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and electrical drawings, diagrams, and sketches
– Solid verbal and written communication skills
– Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
– Ability to work as a self-directed individual and in a team environment
– Strong attention to detail.
– Ability to organize and direct the activities of instrument work activities and coordinate such activities with operations and maintenance departments.
– Demonstrated organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an effective manner
– Demonstrated problem-solving skills and sound engineering principles
– Knowledge of process design, instrumentation, process control and statistics
– Proficient computer skills, specifically with
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- All qualified et Interested applicants/ candidates Should kindly send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28th February, 2020 with the JOB Position as subject title.